Wednesday, September 24, 2008

not enough time

Just wanted to let you know that I know that it has been almost three weeks since I last wrote. For those of you who are itching to read more it is forthcoming. I have a few ideas to write about scrambling around in my head to get to the front of the line. It seems life is real busy, but as one person retorted in response to my "I don't have time" excuse for not being able to work with her horses at this time, "get up earlier!" Well! I thought. She doesn't know what I am already doing. As I think about it though, don't we all have time to do the things we want to do? I mean, I can always find time to do something other than mow the lawns I have, or paint my porch ceiling before it gets cold. But I say, I gotta study for sermons and the study at the Jail. Do any of you know how long it takes to write a 3o minute speech? Think back to high school speech class. How long did you agonize over your presentation? The average time spent in the study for sermon preparation, from start to finish and you have it on paper is ten hours. That is not including the time to go through it before you actually stand before a group and orate. Now, add to that the odds and ends of pastoring a church, as well as being a husband, a household maintenance man, a hobbiest of horses that includes everything from riding, cleaning up after, feeding and training, then other odds and ends like writing this blog and you have a day planner that is full. So what do I do?
I guess, get up earlier!

This is Jeff signing off.
I gotta get to bed earlier if I am going to get up earlier. Wait a minute. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of getting up earlier?

No comments: