Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New year

Well what did you do worthwhile today? I took a 3 mile walk with my wife and the dogs. And then later in the day took Raven out for a ride. What better way to spend the day, heh?
All I wanted to do was get out and ride a little bit without doing alot of work with Raven. We didn't spend our time in the paddock, because it was so muddy, but we did enough in there to get her responding to me real good. Then I really just wanted to get out and ride. Sometimes you need to take a break like that, just get out and spend time together without having an agenda. So we opened the gate, without me getting off I might add, and rode down the road. We did do some things like sidepassing, half pass, leg yield that sort of thing. I never ride without engaging her mind and mine for too long. That is when things can get hairy when you are riding half asleep or not paying attention. As it was we rode around the block. It was cold. That wind had a nasty bite to it. My fingers were freezing, even with gloves on. We got back behind my house and had the pleasure of kicking two does up from their afternoon snooze. I didn't know they were there until Raven announced their presence with a jump sideways that jostled me just a little. We got back and I put her up and thanked her for a good ride. I wish I could say that I will ride her everyday this year, but that is not going to happen. But I will ride as much as I can, even if I don't feel like it at the time. I will feel like it once I am on her or Jake, or whomever.
Have a happy new year.

No comments: