Sunday, October 30, 2016

Puffer #3

Well, Not so good today (Thursday, 10/27)
I worked with Puffer, a little rd penning, disengagement, moving the shoulders (real stiff here, but I think that is due to his lameness in the front feet), backing up. He was real calm. I saddled him and moved him around. I even got on and off several times. I tried to get him to move his feet with yielding the hindquarters and then the shoulders. But I think it is too painful for him to put weight on his front, especially when he takes away a leg to take a step.  She even stumbled a couple times and rolled over onto her fetlock. I told her owner that if I was to ride her forward and she did that she would likely go down on her knees. So between me and his owner we decided to discontinue working with until they can get this figured out. I guess it has been going on for two years.
Sometimes we just have to accept that things are not going to go our way. God is the one who is in control of all things. If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without Him knowing it, then a 5 years old mare cannot stumble without His knowledge. While I am disappointed to not be able to work with her more, I am thankful for more learning on my part. All things do work for my good and God's glory. So in some way God is getting the glory through this situation, (Romans 8:28).

No comments: