Friday, March 6, 2009

Water top and bottom

Sorry for the long wait. I know you who read this are anxious to hear more. But the reality is that I have been caught up in water, both from the top and bottom. The ice dams got backed up and ruined some dry wall. The fixers have been here the last two days patching finishing and painting. Maybe he will be done today and then it is just putting things back together again. Sharon would like our plastic curtain down. on the bottom end, I have been fighting a losing battle with water in the basement. Finally, I have just given in and am going to let it fill up and run off into the sump pump. As it is there are spots with an inch of water on them. needless to say everything is off the floor. Still it is an aggravation at best. I will probably put in drain tile later on. As far as the horses, not much going on their. I haven't had the time to work much with them, but what I have done is worked teaching Jake what Raven knows. Everytime with the horses is a time of improving them and me. My goal is to be as soft as possible with them and still be able to control their movement. The other day I watched as Raven controlled Jakes movement from at least 50 feet away, with just a slight toss of her head and twitch of her ear. Jake knew exactly what she was saying. I do too. She didn't want him going through the bottle neck to the barn before she did. That is the sort of communication I am after with my horses whether I am on their back or not. Come to think of it, that would work well with Sharon too. Ha! Ha!. Actually, most husbands have this down. They know exactly the communication from their wives whether it be a toss of the head (not yours of course), or a squint of the eye, tone of voice. We get it. I think it is funny how Raven, a mare, controls, Jake, a male, with the slightest moves. Oh, there are times he challenges her dominance, just like most men do. But in the end he loses and the pasture party calms down. Now in my house Sharon listens to me and I keep telling her until I hit on what she wants to hear. :} Naw, it isn't like that. We get along great and she does listen to me. But I have found it works best with a soft touch. A little feel goes a long way with horses and wives.
Bye for now.

No comments: