Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Awareness

I know it has been a few days so I thought it was a good time to write as I am letting some Gen.14 study process. I have worked Jake and Raven. Jake is beyond the Awareness course stuff but I have been going back and refining things a bit for him and me. I have been reading a catalog like book called 'Horsemanship through feel' and have been made aware again of the need to get ahold of their 'feel' which as best as I can figure out means to pay attention to what moves them and work with their personality. As the course indicates, it is becoming more Aware of what makes Jake tick. Jake is rather a jumpy horse so moving slow with him is advantageous to gaining more trust. Plus he is lame a little on the right hind. I have been putting some med on it. He acutally twists that foot when he walks. I wonder if it something in his spine or hip that makes him do that. But we have been working softly anyway. Last time I worked them was on Monday. and since then I have been having some severe back spasms that make it so I cannot walk very far. I have been to the chiro and been taking a muscle relaxer. I just need to take it easy for a few days I think. It has been raining so I don't mind not getting out there with them. Although it really keeps the dust down. I have been working the horses pretty hard for what they are used to so I don't think they will mind the time off. Well back to work.

No comments: