Wednesday, August 24, 2011

riding in the rain

Last night, I worked with Jake and really pushed beyond things that he has been doing. His backup, his flexion with softness his feel with me is really great at this time. I took him down the road and worked on cruising, and just going straight without alot of babysitting from me and he did just fine. We worked at the trot and canter and his softness is even better. I think he is ready for the intermediate. He does know alot of those exercises, but we are going to keep with this until the end of the week and start with the intermediate lessons next week. I got caught in a thunderstorm about a mile from the house so we hurried back and didn't even have time to put him up properly as the lightning was getting a little close. Today should be a bit different hopefully.

No comments: