Friday, June 4, 2010

Joey day 9

I got to Joey this morning because accoring to the weather and radar there was a storm coming for this afternoon. It sprinkled a few drops here while I was working with him but that was all.
I got him saddled and started with backup and disengagement. He is really making a lot progress. Getting melted butter kind of soft on flexion. I rode him for a a good 45 minutes today. I really wanted to work on getting forward motion out of him and do quite a bit of cantering. He went into it with some coaxing but it was rather smooth. We did a lot of transitions: direction changes and gait as well as working on collection with forward motion. I worked on one rein stop some as well as disengagement and backup. Like I said, he is doing good for the amount of time we have had thus far. We trotted and cantered so much today that he was again ready to stand still and be with me when I dismounted. He seems to look forward to doing something with me when I get him out and he is ready to be put up when we are done.

That's all for today's post.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

DEAR JEFF, I JUST ROLLED IN TO CHICAGO LATE LAST NIGHT! I JUST READ ALL THE BLOGS THAT I MISSED ALL WEEK!! I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF SOME BUSINESS HERE THEN WILL BE IN MICH BY THURSDAY. SO MAYBE JUDY AND I CAN DRIVE OVER ON FRIDAY??? DEPENDING ON YOUR SCHEDULE AND JUDYS. READING ABOUT YOUR TRAINING OF JOEY IS JUST SO EXCITING!! THANK YOU !!! KATHRYN