Monday, August 2, 2010

Riding

It has been a good day for riding. I gave a lesson this morning and worked a sharp looking four yr old Andalusian. It was fun to be back at it. Then this afternoon I worked with Jake and Raven. I wanted to work with Jake on balancing him with collection at the walk, trot and canter. So we worked real hard at it. I had him doing all sorts of other things too, but mainly trying to set him up to canter with balance. We didn't get it to that point, but we still made progress.
With Raven I wanted to work on getting soft quickly so we could work on moving her hips and shoulders. We have such a feel with each other and are making good progress. When I finished I had her taking a specific number of steps forward and back even to the point where not a step more or less. It was fun having that connection. So much so that it was as if her feet were my feet. That was a good finish.

No comments: