Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 3 of cc

Ok, I would give myself a C or C+ on my evaluation of C's exercises. I watched Clinton evaluate a person with their horse on Round penning and yeilding hindquarters and saw some of the things I do. So learning from that I went out with C to work on those things. He started out good in round penning then fell apart then got him back. He knows to turn in, but I was trying to refine him more and get him to turn in quicker. That is when it fell apart. He is so sensitive I have to watch how much pressure I put on him. But we got it back and with a few good tries in both directions he got a 25 minute rest to get his air back. He still wasn't real caught up, but we had to move on. He does well at desensitizing. I need to balance that with sensitizing. Our work on YH 1 & 2 I think he was better than yesterday, but still not an 'A' yet. He backs well with all four methods, just needs work on backing straight. Yield forequarters was about a C but we are moving up on that. all the others he seems to be settling down and doing pretty good at. He is getting soft in flexing really with lightness. Circle driving and lunge for respect 1 and 2 I think are real good. Leading beside needs improvement. The fundamental desensitizing is doing real good. Some exercises he does real well others he is not so good. He may get tomorrow off, if not it will be tuesday before he gets a day off as that is a real busy one for me. I am anxious to see how he does with the saddle, but I really am beginning to think it is just that he is so sensitive and not at all the saddle. We will see though.

2 comments:

Josh said...

These are pretty great papa. I have a link to your blog on my home screen.

jeffrey said...

Good, I just saw this no one ever makes comments.