Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Stretching

I got started with the Arabs on Monday after a week long break due to the heat. I did some research on how to help So Grand with his sway back issues and found some exercises to do as well as how to better shim my saddle. So Monday and Tuesday I began my time with them doing the stretching to help lift their backs. Moon doesn't have it so bad. But I will tell you that they both by the time I did on Tuesday were like they were enjoying it. They were letting me move their feet and legs and stretch them out as well as massage their spine and withers without being to touchy. Then when I was done stretching them I saddled and started to ground drive them again. They are both doing pretty good with a little bit of review. Moon is still real stiff on the left side, but I just keep working him more. Short of a chiropractor looking at him I am at a loss as to what to do about that. They soon settle down with the driving. By the end of the week I hope to have made up the lost week see about moving on to more advanced driving.

No comments: