Friday, July 2, 2010

Joey Day 27

I had him going pretty good today. We did the sidepass across the arena worked on the same exercises. Also, I got the lariat out and we played with the rope for a while. He was real quiet with it for the most part. Then I took him out in the world. I am still trying to get him to stay on the circle without him fading in or or not wanting to stay on it. It just ain't happenin' yet. So I had to take him out back and have a talk with him, if you know what I mean. When we got back I just cantered him down the road for a 1/2 mile and then we went further down the road. But by this time my time was almost up and still had to get some hay before my date with Sharon. So I tried to work on going across the ditch with water to no avail, partly 'cause I wasn't willing to devote the time to it today. So instead we just did a lot of stepping the shoulders over, stopping and backing. Then we walked back nice and easy like. Some dogs came out at us barking and tearing around. Good practice for him. He didn't even flinch. Then on the way back home we did some work on getting the softness without a turn, just moving forward. When we got back I bridled him up and we did some work on following his nose with collection. Anyway, the lesson ended with both of us calm and a little sweaty.

No comments: