Saturday, June 16, 2012

Outdoors

I am just getting to this. It has been so hectic around here. I am just getting this in because the grandkids have gone with grandma to the movies and the little one is down for a nap.
This past thursday I tried something really different with the horses. I took them to the outdoor arena and went very calmly, as possible, through all the exercises. I didn't saddle them or try to ride Star at all. I just wanted them outside and go through everything. I even used some barrels as obstacles to help them. They both did very well. After some getting over the barrels and other horses coming to investigate what was going on in the arena they both really settled down and started to pay attention. I had them go between the barrels  and kept closing the gap until they were end to end. I got each of them to jump them once, but then they didn't want to do that again. Robbie, decided he could push the barrels with his leg and so just pushed them out of the way and went between them. I thought that was pretty good.
It was a good session for both of them. I am taking a week off, but will come back to them at the end of the month.

No comments: