Monday, November 16, 2009

havin a good day

It has been a good day so far today. God is good all the time. My back is aching from putting a saddle over my electric fence one day last week and it still hurts. I figure I can either sit still in pain or do what I want in pain. So I choose the latter. So this afternoon I worked with my horses. I wanted to work at liberty with them, meaning an invisible round pen. I desensitized Raven to things and then did some exercises with her. Then I just moved her around at liberty, no halter to connect. I was doing this with Domino really well. So I figured I would try it with Raven. It took a few times of having to get her back to me and keep her moving forward, but once she caught on it worked well. We did some transitions and then went for a ride across the road. It being hunting season and all I thought it wouldn't be the wisest to ride in the woods. So we did some work on basic things just using seat and legs. That was alot of fun then it was Jake's turn. I did the same things with him in pen and then it took some time to get him to catch on to liberty but when he did he immediately started lowering his head and licking his lips and doing what I was asking. Then we went across the road too and worked for a few minutes. But my back was limiting what I could do as far as communicating with him with my seat so I stopped and put him up. It was such a nice relaxing time. I just can't believe it so nice in Nov. Well tonite I am going to have Sharon jump on my back and see if we can get it into shape.
have a good one.

No comments: