Thursday, March 18, 2010

day 29

This is going to be a short one. I started out jsut going through some of the tasks in invisible round pen, kinda taking it easy. I had every intention of riding, but time ran out. It is funny how time can get away from you when you are having fun. Raven was very cooperative. I could tell she was trying to figure out what I was wanting. I had her LY toward me on the left side, but she didn't want me on her right side. So guess which one I spent my time on. The right side. I had to go back to some basic stuff in order to get where I wanted to be. Everytime I asked for a LY toward me she would think I was asking her to go away from me and so I had to keep recapturing her. A few times I had to move her out to try to get her to stay with me on that side. Finally I got a step. I rested and asked again and nothing. A few tries and catches later I got another step. I could have put the halter on her but decided to keep trying without it. Anyway there were lots of other things we worked on to get to LY like disengaging and such. We worked for an hour on things. Finally, I asked for forward and then for LY toward me and she took 2 steps. I quit right there. I was looking for a good place to quit 'cause Sharon was calling. Anyway it was a relaxed and productive exercise even though I didn't make as much progress as I wanted. The thing is we are getting more and more tight in our working together and that is good.

No comments: