Tuesday, March 30, 2010

try

Thought I would let you know what is happening. Yesterday I was able to spend some time working with Jake. We went through all the tasks of the Freedom course. We have some refining to do, but that is alright. He needs to soften up a bit and I need to work on my feel with him. But we spent about an hour going through things at a slow easy pace. Later I worked with Raven. I quickly ran through some warmup exercises on the ground. Then we got to work on trying to get her soft and get her hindquarters loosened up and really stepping over so that I can start to work on getting a hauches in. I tried it several times but could not seem to get it. I think it is more me than her but hopefully later this evening I will get a chance to try again.I think I get out of position when I ask for it or I blow the transition in some way. I just went back to other things that she knows, like stop, backup, leg yield, side pass, disengaging and such. One thing I am sure of is that it will come with time and try. Well gotta get back to work.

No comments: