Saturday, May 12, 2012

Callie Day 6

I didn't have time to post this yesterday so I will do it now. Today is a day off for him.
Yesterday we started in the rd pen and had a good session. He turned real good for me and started to hook on a lot better than the day before. I want him to want to be with me so this is important. He is also getting better with desensitizing. The flag doesn't seem to bother him too much. We went to the field and got him saddled, flexed and working on all the exercises. He does real good at lunging and circling now, with good shape and attention on me. I got on him and boy was he a good ride. He gave me some troubles in the beginning wanting to drift off to the sound of the neighing horses, but I kept him on track. He has such a nice laid back trot and canter, I just love it. He still has trouble following his nose, but we worked on that. The bending exercises as well as YH from standstill and YF from standstill are getting better. I loped him around quite abit too as he started to holler back at the horses up front. That kept his mind on me. When we were done he was done. I don't think he has ever had this much work on him, but he is doing well. Next week we see how much improvement we can get.

No comments: